We provide free legal services to persons with low income who have legal problems. If you qualify financially, we can give you advice and represent you in cases about:
- Income support programs, including Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, and Canada Pension Plan Disability
- Housing law – tenant rights
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) claims
- Employment Insurance claims
- Employment law
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB) claims
- Human rights
- Consumer law
- Debtor/creditor issues
- Small Claims Court
We can also commission documents and prepare documents (such as statutory declarations, notarial copies, etc.). We request a small donation for these services.
Please note, we do not give advice for family, criminal, personal injury or private insurance cases.
Contact Legal Aid Ontario for information about the certificates and other services they provide for family and criminal law cases.
Contact the Law Society Referral Service for a free 30-minute consultation with a lawyer or paralegal.
We are also involved in community development with other service providers. The Clinic offers public legal education through seminars, pamphlets, tip sheets, and self-help materials.